Dr. Soumen Dey
Centre for Applied Chemistry
Cell: +917870361886, +91-9661399711
E-Mail email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Area of Interest:
||Supramolecular, host-guest, Pollution control
||Awarded Ph.D (2009) from IIT Kanpur, Obtained M.Sc (2000) & B.Ed (2001) from Visva Bharati University. UGC-JRF at Presidency University (2001-2003).
- DST Fast track grant, SERB-DST, India
- Dr. D. S. Bhakuni Young Scientist Award
- U. Annapurna and Satyanarayan memorial Young Scientist Award
- JRF-NET (CSIR)
- Modern Techniques of Analytical Chemistry (CHM-421020)
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry (CHM-411040)
- Chemistry in Everyday Life (CHM-311050)
- Inorganic Chemistry-II (CHM-221140)
- Inorganic Chemistry-I
- Principles of Chemistry/Engineering Chemistry-I & II (CHM-110030, 120030)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry Lab
||IIT Ropar, CSMCRI Bhavnagar, IISER Bhopal, IISER Mohali
|Experience of Handling
||Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS), UV Vis-Spectrophotometer, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Coordinator, Center for Education
- Warden, Boys Hostel
- Member, School Board of Natural Sciences
- Member, Board of Studies, Center for Applied Chemistry/Education
- Member, Advisory Committee & Course Curriculum Committee, Center for Education.
- Chairman, Local Purchase Committee, Center for Education
- Member, Mess inspection Committee
- Member, Examination Committee
- Mentor, Semester-X students od CAC
- B. R. Manna, Soumen Dey, Susanta Debnath, U.C.Ghosh; Water Qual. Res. J. Canada, 2003, (special issue) 193-210.
- Soumen Dey, Saswati Goswami, U. C. Ghosh; Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 2004, 254.
- Sawati Goswami, Soumen Dey, U. C. Ghosh, Chemical & Environmental Research, 2004, 13, 117-126.
- Soumen Dey, Shahana Chatterjee, Sabyasachi Sarkar*; Current Science. 2005, 1913-1916.
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya, Soumen Dey, Suman Maji, Kuntal Pal, Sabyasachi Sarkar*; Inorg. Chem. 2005, 44, 7699-7701.
- Soumen Dey, Kuntal Pal, Sabyasachi Sarkar* Tetrahedron Lett. 2006, 47, 5851-5854.
- Soumen Dey, Kuntal Pal, Sabyasachi Sarkar*; Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 5481-5485.
- Soumen Dey, Kuntal Pal, Sabyasachi Sarkar*, Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 960-964.
- Soumen Dey, Kuntal Pal, Sabyasachi Sarkar, Banashree Dey*; 2015, under revision.
- Poster Presented at 17th CRSI NSC Symposium, held at CSIR-NCL Pune, February 6-8, 2015.
- XXXIII Annual National Conference of Indian Council of Chemists held at ISM Dhanbad on December 15-17, 2014.
- National Seminar on Ecosystem & Biodiversity: Bank of Natural Capital, held at The Graduate School, College for Women, Jamshedpur India, March 27-28, 2012.
- National Seminar on “Science and Nature: Tagore’s vision and its Relevance (NSSNT)” held at Visva Bharati, Santiniketan during March 12-13, 2011.
- Oral presentation for 29th Annual Conference of Indian Council of Chemists held at Punjab University Chandigarh, India during December 26-28, 2010.
- International Conference on Recent Research Trends in Chemical Sciences (ICRRTCS-09) and 46th Annual Convention of Chemists”- Proceedings pp. A18-19, held at VIT Vellore, India during December 02-06, 2009 organized by Indian Chemical Society.
- 55th Orientation Program” during November 04 – December 01, 2009 organized by UGC-Academic Staff College, Ranchi University Ranchi held Ranchi, India.
- 27th Annual Conference in Chemistry”- Abstracts, pp. 216-217, during December 26-28, 2008 organized by Indian Council of Chemists held at Gurukul Kangri University Hardwar, India.
- 45th Annual Convention and International Conference on Recent Advances in Chemistry” held at Karnataka University Dharwad, India during November 24-27, 2008 organized by Indian Chemical Society.
- Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry”- Abstracts during December 6-8, 2007, held at I.I.T. Madras, India.
- India-EU Ministerial Science Congress for motivation of youth” held on 6th February, 2006 at Vigyan Bhavana, New Delhi, India.
- National Symposium in Chemistry – Abstracts pp. 46-47” during February 3-5, 2006 held at I.I.T. Bombay, Powai, India.
- Chemfest-2006, poster No.25” on April 1, 2006 held at I.I.T. Kanpur, India.
- 39th Annual Convention of Chemists – Abstracts, Paper No. AEC(AP)-29” during December 23-26, 2002 held at Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar, Andhra Pradesh, India.
| Any Other Information
- Awarded DST-Fast Track Young Scientist grant (Rs. 24.50 Lakh) - ongoing
- Guiding 2 Ph.D students, 1 DST-JRF.
- Guided 10 M.Sc project students.