Centre for Mass Communication
||PGDJ (IIMC), MMC, M.Phil., UGC (NET)
||Best Paper Presentation Award for research paper ‘Media Education in North India: A Study of Central Universities’ at All India Media Educators Conference 2016, Jaipur.
|Areas of Interest
||Media Education, Communication Theories & Models, Print Media
Introduction to Mass Communication; Theories of Communication; Communication Skills; Editing : Principles and Practices; Writing for Media; International Communication; Development Communication; Computer Applications & Basic Multimedia Skills; Advertising : Theory & Practices; Corporate Communication; Indian Society, Polity & Economy; Social & Political Thought; Media Management; Regional Language Media and Lab Journal Production ‘CUJian Age’.
|Brief Introduction :
||Being a media educator, I have always made efforts to acquire new knowledge and experiences and to share it with learners either through classroom teaching or through any other activities. I also enjoy taking responsibilities of administrative as well as extra-curricular activities, which gives me an opportunity to learn working mechanism at institutional level and to work with young minds. Prior to academics, I have worked in media industry, which has given me an exposure to work in any circumstances. I am fully committed to contribute for this profession with positive vibes.
Sports In-charge, Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ)
Warden, Central University of Jharkhand
- Chief Communication Officer In-charge, CUJ (As & when required)
- Head In-charge, Centre for Mass Communication (As & when required)
- Security Officer In-charge, CUJ (As & when required)
- Administrative Warden In-charge, CUJ (As & when required)
- NSS Co-ordinator In-charge, CUJ (As & when required)
- Proctor In-charge, CUJ (As & when required)
- Member, Board of the School, School of Mass Communication & Media Technologies (SMCMT)
- Member, The Board of Studies, Centre for Mass Communication
- Member, Steering Committee, Centre for Mass Communication
- Member, Curriculum Development Committee, Centre for Mass Communication (CMC)
- Coordinator, Centre for Mass Communication Committee
- Coordinator, Centre for Mass Communication Extension Lecture Series 2016
- Issue Editor, CUJian Age: A Publication of CUJ
- Member, Games & Sports Committee, CUJ
- Member, Games & Sports Sub Committee, CUJ
- Member, NCC Cell Formation Committee, CUJ
- Member, Communication Cell, CUJ
- Member, Counselling, Guidance and Placement Cell, CMC
- Member, CUJ Admission Committee (CUCET 2015)
- Member, CUJ Admission Committee (CUJET 2012)
- Member, Folk Games Committee, ‘Akhra-2013: Tribal India Festival’
- Member, Documentary Committee, ‘Akhra-2013:Tribal India Festival’
- Member, Discipline & Volunteer Committee, Akhra-2013:Tribal Festival
- Member, Suhana Safar-Ranchi Film Festival Core Committee 2012
- Member, Hospitality/Accommodation/Reception Committee 2011 for celebration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Guru Rabindranath Tagore
- Member, Odd & Even Semester Examination Committee, CUJ
- Member, Online Fee Gateway Implementation Committee, CUJ
- Member, Teaching-Non-Teaching Documents Verification Committee
- Member, Advertisement Negotiation Committee, CUJ
- Member, Gym Equipment’s Purchase & Repairing Committee, CUJ
- Member, Water Management Committee, CUJ
- Member, Canteen Tender Bid Committee, CUJ
- Member, Sports Infrastructure Committee, CUJ
- Member, International Yoga Day Celebration Committee 2016, CUJ
- Centre for Mass Communication collaborated with Information & Public Relations Department, Govt. of Jharkhand for celebration of 100 years of Indian Cinema ‘Suhana Safar-Ranchi Film Festival’ from 12 to 15 September 2012. (Member, Organising Committee, Ranchi Film Festival).
- Centre for Mass Communication collaborated with Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Ministry of Defence & Ministry of Science & Telecommunication, Govt. of India for organising Community Radio Workshop for Eastern India from 08 to 10 November, 2011. (Member, Organising Committee, Ranchi Film Festival).
- R. Kumar, 2015. Media Education Policy in India: A Historical Perspective. Mass Media- Journal of Media Studies Group. Volume 4, Number 38, pp 4-12, ISSN 2277-7369, www.mediastudiesgroup.org.in
- R. Kumar, 2015. UNESCO’s efforts in the development of media education in India, Media Communique- NIU Journal of Media Studies, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 52-66, ISSN: 2395-3780.
R. Kumar, 2015, Media Shiksha Niti : Ek Etihasik Sandarbh, Jan Media- Journal of Media Studies Group, Volume- 40, pp 13-21, ISSN 2277-2847, www.mediastudiesgroup.org.in
Book Chapters (Published/Accepted)
- D. Singh & R. Kumar, 2016, Bharat Mein Media Shiksha. Bhartiya Jansanchar : Handbook of Mass Communication, A Publication of Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism & Communication, Bhopal. (In Press)
- R. Kumar, 2014, Peet Patrakarita. In Visheshikrit Patrakarita, D. Pathak and M. Lal (eds.), University Publication, New Delhi, pp 54-73, ISBN: 978-81-7555-656-0.
- R. Kumar, 2014, Media Aur Loktantra, In Media Ki Nayi Chunautiyaan, A. Saxena (ed.), Kanishka Publication, New Delhi, pp 187-195. ISBN : 978-81-8457-649-8.
- R. Kumar, Newsroom Setup and Functions: Print Media, Reporting & Writing, Unit-3, Course-3. Accepted for MAJMC Programme to be launched by IGNOU, New Delhi. In Press
- R. Kumar, 2016. Media Education in North India: A Study of Central Universities. Paper presented and abstract published on page 20 of the Proceeding of All India Media Educators Conference 2016, organised by Centre for Mass Communication, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Amity School of Communication, Amity University Jaipur, Lok Samvad Sansthan & Media Initiatives, Jaipur India during 22-24 April 2016.
- R. Kumar, 2016. Participated in National Seminar on Truth and Media organised by Makhanlal National University of Communication & Journalism, National Institute of Social Communication, Research & Training and IAAN School of Mass Communication, Noida during 25-26 April 2016.
- R. Kumar, 2015, Workshop on Writing for Media, Resource Person in Five-Day Workshop, organised by Centre for Mass Communication, Central University of Jharkhand, Brambe, during 02-06 November 2015.
- R. Kumar, 2014, National Workshop on Media Writing,
Co-ordinator in Seven-Day Workshop, organised by Centre for Mass Communication, Central University of Jharkhand, Brambe during 17-23 November 2014.
- R. Kumar, 2014, participated in UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Film and Other Media in Historical Contexts, organised by Jadavpur University, Kolkata during 03-23 December 2014.
- R. Kumar, 2014, Media Education: A Historical Development of Discipline in India. Paper presented in 6th International Seminar on Human Resource, organised by Institute for Social Development & Research, Ranchi during 01-03 November 2014.
- R. Kumar, 2013, participated in 75th Orientation Programme, organised by UGC-Academic Staff College, Ranchi University, Ranchi during 11 November- 08 December 2013.
- 8. R. Kumar, 2012, participated in regional seminar on
RTI: A Potent Weapon Against Corruption, organised by Media Information and Communication Centre of India (MICCI), Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), Federation of Jharkhand Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FJCCI) & Jharkhand RTI Forum, Ranchi during 19-20 February 2012.
- R. Kumar, 2011, participated in Workshop on ‘Understanding Cinema’ organised by Centre for Mass Communication, Central University of Jharkhand during 15-18 October 2011.
- R. Kumar, 2006, participated in ‘Workshop on Online Journalism’ organised by BBCHindi.com and WebDunia.com at IIMC, New Delhi.
|Programs Organised :
Adventure Sports Activities Co-ordination
- National Trekking Expedition 2013, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh from 01 to 13 January 2013.
- National Trekking Expedition 2013-14, Goa from 21 December 2013 to 03 January 2014.
- National Trekking Expedition 2013-14, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh from 21 December 2013 to 03 January 2014
- National Trekking Expedition 2011, Goa from 23 December 2011 to 06 January 2012.
Sports Events Co-ordination at National Level
35th National Games, Kerala in February 2015.
- President Cup National Karate Championship 2015, Delhi from 21 to 22 March 2015.
- 24th National Senior Wushu Championship 2015, Chandigarh from 25 to 30 December 2015.
- National Annual Fest ‘Parakram 2016’ Dhanbad, Jharkhand from 12-14 February 2016.
- National Wushu Championship 2014, Jaipur from 06 to 10 February 2014.
- 37th National Yoga Championship 2013, Hossierpur, Punjab from 09 to 13 February 2013.
- National Wushu Championship 2012, Jammu from 27 to 31 March 2012.
Sports Events Co-ordination at Zonal Level
East Zone Inter University Cricket Tournament 2015, Darbhanga from 17 to 20 December 2015.
- East Zone Inter University Volleyball, Tennis & Chess Tournament 2014, Bhubaneswar, Odhisa from 27 September to 01 October 2014.
- 3rd East Zone Wushu Championship 2013, Dhanbad from 18 to 20 January 2013.
- East Zone Inter University Volleyball (Men) Tournament 2011, Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh in November 2011.
Sports Events Co-ordination at State Level
11th Jharkhand State Wushu Championship 2015, Ranchi on 08 November 2015. .
- 9th Jharkhand State Senior Wushu Championsip 2014, Ranchi on 18 January 2014.
- 10th Jharkhand State Wushu Championship 2014, Ranchi on 14 September 2014.
- 3rd East Zone Wushu Championship 2013, Dhanbad from 18 to 20 January 2013.
- Jharkhand Indoor Badminton Tournament 2012, Ranchi from 25 to 26 February 2012.
- Jharkhand State Senior Wushu Championship 2012, Ranchi on 15 September 2012.
- Jharkhand State Yoga Championship 2012, Ranchi from 24 to 25 November 2012.
- Jharkhand State Inter University Chancellor Trophy (Men) Cricket Tournament 2012, Kolhan University, Chaibasa from 07 to 09 April 2012.
- Jharkhand State Senior Wushu Championship 2011, Deoghar on 15 September 2012.
Sports Events Co-ordination at University Level
- CUJ International Yoga Day Celebration on 21 June 2016.
- CUJ Foundation Day Celebration on 01 March 2016.
- CUJ Trekking Expedition on 11 April 2015.
- CUJ Run for Unity on 31 October 2014.
- CUJ AC-AD Cricket Tournament in April-May 2014.
- CUJ Annual Sports Day Celebration on 23 March 2013.
Cultural Events Co-ordination
- National Youth Week Celebrations 2016: Commemorating Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda from 08 to 14 January 2016
- Tribal Folk Games during ‘Akhra-2013: Tribal India Festival’ from 28 to 30 October 2013.
- Celebration of 100 Years of Indian Cinema Suhana Safar-Ranchi Film Festival 2012 from 12 to 15 September 2012.
Education / Industrial Tour Co-ordination
- Dainik Bhaskar Industrial Tour, Ranchi in February 2016.
- Investor Awareness Programme, 2015-16 at CUJ.
- School Education Tour from Bokaro to CUJ, 2015.
|Any other information:
- Worked as Copy Editor in AAJ SAMAJ newspaper.
- Worked as Sub Editor in AMAR UJALA newspaper.
- Delivered special lectures on ‘Newspaper Front Page Designing’ at Department of Journalism, Loreto College, Kolkata.
Doordarshan (DD) Panel Expert
Invited as an expert for DD Programme Manthan on ‘Career in Mass Communication’ in May 2012.
Invited as an expert for DD Programme on Rail Budget 2015 in February 2015.
Web portal Columnist
- Uploaded articles for Media Education based web portal http://www.newswriters.in
Newspaper Publication & Production
- More than 30 articles/features published in newspapers.
- More than 100 pages designed for newspapers.
- Bhashan Pratiyogita: Second Prize, Hindi Pakhwada 2015.
- Nibandh Lekhan: Third Prize, Hindi Pakhwada 2012.
- Antakshri : Second Prize, 3rd Annual Day 2012.
- Kavya Path: Second Prize, Hindi Pakhwada 2011.
- Tippani Lekhan: Third Prize, Hindi Pakhwada 2011.
- Antakshri: First Prize, Hindi Pakhwada 2011.