School of Natural Sciences
Centre for Applied Chemistry
Profile of Faculty
Dr. Debjit Das
Cell: +91-9467766656 E-Mail email@example.com
|Area of Interest||Organometallic Chemistry and Catalysis|
1. Awarded Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India in 2010.
2. Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) through National Eligibility Test (NET) from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India in 2007 and 2008.
3. Qualified All India Graduate Aptitude Test Examination (GATE) with All India Rank 49 (99.22 percentile) in 2008.
4. Awarded MCM Scholarship for degree of Master Study (2006−2008).
5. Secured 50th Rank in Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) in 2006, conducted jointly by all IITs.
6. Awarded Gold medal by R K Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math.
|List of Publications||
1. Das, D.; Roy, S.
Palladium(II) Catalyzed Efficient C-3 Functionalization of Indoles with Benzylic and Allylic Alcohols under Co-Catalyst, Acid, Base, Additive and External Ligand-Free Conditions.
Adv. Synth. Catal., 2013, 355, 1308–1314.
2. Das, D.; Pratihar, S.; Roy, S. Heterobimetallic Pd-Sn Catalysis: Michael Addition Reaction with C-, N-, O-, S- Nucleophiles and In-situ Diagnostics. J. Org. Chem., 2013, 78, 2430–2442.
3. Das, D.; Pratihar, S.; Roy, S. Hetereobimetallic Pd-Sn Catalysis: A Selective Intermolecular Hydroarylation of -Methyl Substituted Aryl Alkenes. Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 335–338.
4. Das, D.; Pratihar, S.; Roy, S Heterobimetallic Pd-Sn Catalysis: A Suzuki, Tandem Ring Closing Sequence Towards Indeno[2,1-b]thiophenes and Indeno[2,1-b]indoles. Org. Lett., 2012, 14, 4870–4873.
5. Das, D.; Pratihar, S.; Roy, U. K.; Mal. D; Roy, S. First example of a heterobimetallic ‘Pd–Sn’ catalyst for direct activation of alcohol: efficient allylation, benzylation and propargylation of arenes, heteroarenes, active methylenes and allyl-Si nucleophiles. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2012, 10, 4537−4542.
|Participations in Academic Symposium and Conferences||
1. 6th One Day National Symposium in Chemistry at Indian Institute Technology, Kharagpur, India, November 8, 2008.
2. Diamond Jubilee Symposium on Recent Trends in Chemistry at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, October 21-23, 2011.