The Department of Computer Science and Technology has been started in 2018 under the school of Natural Sciences. Initially, only PG Diploma in Cyber Security with the intake of 28 students; and Ph. D. program has been offered. The department is also planning to offers M. Tech. program from upcoming session. It is the department’s ambition to be internationally recognized as a leader in computer science and technology, a department with coherent activities within research, education, development and industry cooperation. The research in the department is focused on major thrust areas of computer science and technology like Network Security, Computer Databases, Cloud Computing, Soft Computing, Commonsense Reasoning, Cognitive Robotics and on other relevant areas of Computer Science and Technology. Including interdisciplinary research work with other streams/subjects/ technology.
To be a dedicated centre of learning and research in computer science and technology for creating competent professionals capable of taking leading roles in industry,academia, entrepreneurship and application.
- To create a lively environment for the students and faculty for personal and professional growth with high ethical standards.
- To continuously upgrade the curriculum and laboratory facilities to train the students in latest technology for better employability.
- To involve the students in individual as well as team projects for solving challenging problems in computer engineering and applications.
- To create a centre of excellence on frontier areas of research.
- To facilitate consultancy work by the faculty for industry and the public sectors.