School of Natural Resources and Management
Centre for Environmental Science
Profile of Faculty
Dr. Sushil Kumar Sukhla
Ph.D. in Environmental Science (IIT, BHU, Varanasi, U.P)
Assistant Professor & Coordinator
|Area of Specialization:|| Biological treatment of waste water
Fermentation and microbial engineering,
Natural Resource management,
Air pollution monitoring and abatement
|Fellowship/Award/Achievements:||Awarded of UGC Research Fellowship From 01.01.2007 to 10.03.2008
Awarded of UGC SRF from 11.03.2008 to 10.03.2011.
Award of UGC Research fellowship for Science Meritorious students in 2008.
Cleared the UGC NET exam, held on 24 June 2007
|Details of Research Publications|| International/National Refereed: 03
Proceeding Papers: 02
Under Revision: 03
|Seminar/Workshop/Conference Participation||International: 03 (02 in Proceeding)
National: 02 (01 in Proceeding), 05 (without papers)
Workshop/Training Program: 03 (more than one week), 03 (less than one week)
| Program Organized
Organized a one day Seminar and Poster Exhibition on the eve of World Ozone Day on 16th September, 2012 in the Centre for Environmental Sciences & Centre for Land Resource Management, Central University of Jharkhand, Brambe, Ranchi.
Research article published/accepted
|Presentations in Conferences / Seminars||
1. Shukla S.K, Mishra P.K, Srivastava K.K, & Srivastava P “Decolorization of distillery effluent by Aspergillus niger” Present a poster in the international conference on Water Crisis-Challenges & opportunities held at NEERI, Nagpur during 28-29, Feb-2008.
2. Shukla S.K, Mishra P.K, Srivastava K.K, & Srivastava P “Optimization of medium and process parameters for the decolourization of biodigested distillery effluent” published in proceeding of National conference RAWM-09 held at dept. of chemical engineering, IT, BHU during Feb 20-21, 2009.
3. Shukla S.K, Mishra P.K, Srivastava K.K, & Srivastava P “Optimization of process parameters for biodegradation of anaerobically digested distillery effluent in Internal loop Airlift bioreactor” Present a poster in the National conference EPBE-09 held at School of Biochemical Engineering, IT, BHU during Oct. 09-10, 2009.
4. Shukla S.K, Mishra P.K, Srivastava K.K “Decolourization of anaerobically digested distillery effluent by Phanerochaete chrysosporium” published in proceeding of ICSP-09, held at Dept. of chemical engineering, IT, BHU, Oct. 20-22, 2009.
5. Shukla S.K, Mishra P.K, Srivastava K.K, & Srivastava P “Decolourization of anaerobically digested distillery effluent by Aspergillus niger” published in proceeding of the International conference on entitled “Issues and challenges in Energy conversion and management”, held at Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, IT, BHU, during 18-20 December, 2009.
6. Shukla S.K, Singh R.K “Green Army: Cleaning Ganga Bank Through Participatory Methods” Present a Paper in the National Seminar Plains of The Ganga : Problems and Prospects, sponsored by UGC SAP DRS program in Dept. of Geography, BHU, 28-30 January-2013.
1. Attend the “National Workshop on Heterogeneous Catalysis and Kinetics” Conducted by Department of Chemical engineering & Technology, IT, BHU on June 12 – 21, 2006.
2. Attend The International Seminar on “INDUSTRY-ACADEMIA INTERFACE” Conducted by PETROTECH 2007, ON 17-18th, January 2007.
3. Attend the “National Seminar Cum Workshop on Environmental Ethics & Human Values” held at BHU on March 17-18, 2007.
4. Attend The International conference on “Environmental Impact and Risk Assessment” held at NEERI, Nagpur, during 25-26 October, 2007.
5. Attend the “National seminar on Fertilizer Technology: 21st Century Challenges and Options” held at dept. of chemical engineering, IT, BHU during March 07-09, 2008.
6. Participate in staff development program on “Energy conversion and management” organized at Dept. of mechanical Engineering, IT, BHU, during April 03-09, 2009, sponsored by AICTE.
7. Attend the international congress on Recent Advances in Environmental Science and Technology (RAEST) - 09 held at dept. of Environmental science and Technology, BHU, during 02-04 Nov., 2009.
8. Participate in Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship sponsored by NSTEDB, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi Organized at TBI, Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi, 13-24 December, 2010.
9. Participate in Business Skill development programme organized by TBI, IT, BHU and supported by Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, during 30 August 2011 to 29 September 2011.
1. I handle various modern analytical instruments like Gas chromatography (GC), AAS, HPLC, Spectrophotometer, Spray Dryer, pH meter, Nephlometer, Deep Freezer, Orbital Shaker, Centrifuge, Laminar Flow , Autoclave, handy Air sampler, High Volume Sampler, Stack sampler, BOD Incubator, COD Digestion Unit, TDS analyzer with relative ease.
2. We have sound knowledge in Microbial growth & Production, Kinetics analysis (free & immobilized cells), Microbial cell Immobilization Techniques.
1. Attended one week training programme on ISO 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Fire control and Ambient & Stack monitoring in HINDALCO INDUSTRY LIMITED, RENUKOOT.
2. Attached as a Member with an NGO "SUDHAR", Varanasi.
3. Attached as a member “Bhartiya Vigyan evam Paryavaran Sanrakshan Samity”, Varanasi.
4. Attend the Entrepreneurial Awareness camp of E.D.I, Ahmadabad held at BHU during 1-3 march, 2006.
5. Attached with IIPC (Industry Institute Partnership Cell), IT BHU as a Team member in 2006 to 2009 and doing EIA of Sasan ultra-megathemal power plant, Barhan, MP and study the Biodiversity of that area.