Dr. Sanjay Gupta
PhD in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
M.Sc. in Physics
Centre for Applied Physics
|Fields of Research Area
- Strongly Correlated electronic systems with and without disorder.
- High Tc Superconductivity
- Heterostructures, correlated interfaces
Real space renormalization group (RSRG or Block RG).
- Unrestricted Hartree-Fock Theory
- Computational work were done using FORTRAN
- Assistant Professor, Centre for Applied Physics, Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi, Jharkhand (14.08.12 to till date).
- Lecturer in the Applied Physics Department of Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi since 10th July, 2007 to 5th March, 2009.
|Fellowship and Awards
- Research Associate at Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi from 18th January, 2012-8th August, 2012
- Visiting Scientist position at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics from 5th July, 2011 to 4th December, 2011.
- Research Associate at S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata, India since 6th March, 2009 to 5th June, 2011.
- Post doctoral fellow at Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, from 16th April, 2007 to 3rd July, 2007.
- Post Doctoral fellow in the theoretical physics department at Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Calcutta from 1.9.2004-31.3.2007
- Senior research fellow in the Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics Division of Saha Institute Of Nuclear Physics (Sept,1997-Aug, 2004)
- Post-M.Sc Associateship-(1996-1997), Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta
- UGC-NET scholarship exam in June,1996
| List of Publications
||Published Papers: (Article in Journals/Proceedings)
- Sanjay Gupta, Shreekantha Sil, Bibhas Bhattacharyya, Ground state of a chemically modulated Hubbard ring at half-filling, Phys. Rev. B, 63, 125113 (2001),(erratum, Phys. Rev. B, 64, 169903 (2001).
- Sanjay Gupta, Shreekantha Sil, Bibhas Bhattacharyya, Half-filled Hubbard ring with alternating site potentials in a magnetic field, Phys. Lett. A, 324, 494-500 (2004).
- Sanjay Gupta, Shreekantha Sil, Bibhas Bhattacharyya Fibonacci-Hubbard chain at zero and finite temperatures, Physica B, 355, 299 (2005).
- Sanjay Gupta, Shreekantha Sil, Bibhas Bhattacharyya, Effect of Fibonacci modulation on superconductivity, Journal of Physics: Condensed matter, 18, 1987-1997 (2006).
- Tribikram Gupta, Sanjay Gupta, Dimensional and temperature Dependence of metal insulator transition in correlated and disordered systems , Euro Physics Letters, 88, 17006 (2009).
- Sanjay Gupta, Tribikram Gupta, Physics of Interface:Mott insulator barrier sandwiched between two metallic plane, Solid State Communications (Fast Track Communication), 152, 53-55 (2012) .
- Sanjay Gupta and Tribikram Gupta, Physics of Interface:Correlated barrier with deterministic disorder sandwiched between two metallic plane, Solid State Communications, 152, 878-882 (2012).
- Tribikram Gupta and Sanjay Gupta, Physics of Interface:Strongly correlated barrier with chemical modulation sandwiched between two metallic plane, Physica B, 449, 220-224 (2014).
|Membership in Professional Society
- Indian Association of Physics Teachers (Life Member)