School of Natural Resources and Management
Centre for Environmental Science
Profile of Faculty
Dr. Kavita Parmar
Cell: +91-9279340613, +91-8877036752
|Area of Specialization:||Water quality Management, Water quality indexing, Air pollution and its control, Environmental Impact Assessment, Noise Pollution Monitoring, Coal mine water reclamation, Adsorption behaviour of heavy metals.|
|Course taught:||Water quality Monitoring, Water quality Management, Water quality indexing, Waste water treatment & its Management, Air quality Monitoring, Air pollution and its control, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental management Plan, Environmental Auditing, Noise Pollution Monitoring, Natural resources management & Sustainable Development.|
|Academic/Other Experience||Teaching: 02 yrs; Research: 6 yrs
|Research Guidance:||Master’s (M.Sc.): 03 Completed.
|Details of Research Publications:||International Refereed: 06
National Refereed: 03
Book : 01
Conference Proceeding: 01
Non-Refereed/ Magazines: 01
|Seminar/Conference/Workshop participation||International:02 (One in Leiden University, Netherland)
||• First class first in Environmental Science in M.Sc.
• Awarded Senior Research Fellow by CSIR.
• Best oral presentation award in International Conference, GTER 2012.
|Summary of research experience||
1. Worked as a Diamond Jubilee Research Intern at the National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur from Sep 2006 to Nov. 2007.
2. Worked as a Research Assistant on Reclamation of prototype Coal mine water at the National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, from Nov 2007 to June 2009.
3. Worked as a Senior Research Fellow (CSIR) at the National Metallurgical Laboratory from June 2009 to June 2012.
• Water analysis (BOD, COD, Alkalinity, Acidity, TDS, Hardness, MPN count etc.).
• Performed the chemical analysis of ore samples such as Iron ores, Alumina, Silica, Coal sample, Copper, Calcium, Magnesium etc.
• Successfully synthesized and developed the inorganic metal silicate tubes for water remediation by removing the certain heavy metal ions and can be used in development of prototype technology for water remediation.
• Synthesized material for fluoride removal and investigate its adsorption capability.
• Investigation of adsorption capability of naturally occurring minerals and ores for removal of water contaminants.
• interpret the result outcomes of IR, XRD, SEM and TEM for our synthesized samples.
• Synthesis and characterization of Fe(II)-silicate precipitation tube (FeIISPT) as a heavy metal adsorbent and its comparison with Fe(III)-silicate precipitation tube (FeIIISPT) Kavita Parmar, Durbadal Chongder, Nil Ratan Bandyopadhya, Santanu Bhattacharjee Accepted in Journal of Metallurgy and Materials Science
• Removal of Pb(II) from aqueous solution using cobalt silicate precipitation tube (CoSPT) as adsorbent K. Parmar, D. Chongder, S. Bhattacharjee and N. R. Bandyopadhya, Accepted in International Journal of Current Chemistry
• Detailed characterization of calcium silicate precipitation tube (CaSPT) as a multi-cation adsorbent in aqueous medium (Impact factor-2.10) Kavita Parmar, Nil R Bandyopadhya, Durbadal Chongder, Santanu Bhattacharjee Materials Research Bulletin Volume 47, 2012, Pages 677-682
• Investigation on Cu(II) adsorption on cobalt silicate precipitation tube (CSPT) in aqueous medium K. Parmar, D. Chongder, N.R. Bandyopadhya, S. Bhattacharjee Journal of Hazardous Materials (Impact factor-4.2, Citation-1) Volume 185, (2011) Pages 1326–1331
• Synthesis and characterization of Fe(III)-silicate precipitation tubes Kavita Parmar, A K Pramanik, N R Bandopadhyay, and S Bhattacharjee, Materials Research Bulletin, (Impact factor-2.1, Citation-4) Volume 45, Issue 9, 2010, Pages 1283-1287
• Characterization of cobalt precipitation tube synthesized through “silica garden” route Kavita Parmar, Hema T. Chaturvedi, Md Wasi Akhtar, Nilratan Bandyopadhya and Santanu Bhattacharjee, Materials Characterization, (Impact factor-1.6, Citation-8) Volume 60, Issue 8, August 2009, Pages 863-868
• Eco-friendly inhibition of mild steel in acidic media Mala Mandhyan, Kavita Parmar and A.K. Mandhyan Journal of Metallurgy and Materials Science, Vol. 49, No.2, April-June 2007, pp. 123-128
• Evaluation of water quality index for drinking purposes of river Subarnarekha in Singhbhum District Kavita Parmar &Vineeta Parmar International Journal of Environmental Sciences (Citation-3) Volume 1, No1, 2010
|Book||WATER QUALITY INDEX OF RIVER GANGA
Determination of water quality index of river ganga in patna district for public water supply
VINEETA PARMAR & KAVITA PARMAR
Lambert Academic Publisher
|Research papers in International / National Conference||• Kavita Parmar (2012), Exploring Calcium silicate precipitation tubes (CaSPT) synthesized by “chemical garden” route as an adsorbent for removal of Cr(III) in aqueous medium Paper Presented at International Workshop on Chemical garden Held at Lorentz Center of Leiden University, Leiden, Netherland, from 07th – 11th May, 2012.
• D. Chongder, K. Parmar*, S. Bhattacharjee and N. R. Bandyopadhya (2012) Removal of Pb(II) from aqueous solution using cobalt silicate precipitation tube (CoSPT) as adsorbent (abstract) Paper Presented at International Conference: Green Technology for Environmental Remediation(GTER) Held at FET, Gurukul Kangari University, Haridwar , from 11th – 13th February, 2012. (Best Oral presentation Award)
• S. S. Choudhury, K. Parmar, D. Chongder (2010) “Impacts of Climatic Change on Biodiversity: The Gaia Perspective” Paper presented at the National Seminar on “Biodiversity & its Conservation” held at Jamshedpur, from 5th-6th March.
• K. Parmar, V. A. Senapati, P. Kumar (2010) “Role of Climatic Change in Biodiversity” Paper presented at the National Seminar on “Biodiversity & its Conservation” held at Jamshedpur, from 5th-6th March.
• K. Parmar and V. Parmar (2009) “Current Trends of Sustainable use of Natural Resources”. Paper presented at the National Seminar on Current Trends in the Field of Biodiversity and Sustainable use of Natural Resources, held at Jabalpur, from 16th-17th November.
• S. S. Choudhury, K. Parmar, S. Bhattacharjee (2008) “Holistic water purification and nano materials” (abstract). Poster presented at International Conference on Nano science and technology (ICONSAT), held at Chennai, India from 27th-29th February.
• M. Mandhyan, K.Parmar and S.Bhattacharjee (2007) “Disinfection of Drinking water and Management of Disinfection Byproducts” National Conference on Water Management, held at NGRI, Hyderabad, from 23rd-24th February.
• K. Parmar, R. Prasad and S.N.Sinha (2006) “Role of Physics in Environmental Management”. Paper presented at the National Conference on Convergence with Physics, held at Jamshedpur, from 10th-11th October.
|Experience of Handling Instruments:||• High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC)
• Atomic Absorption Spectrometer (AAS)
• Zetasizer using DLS technique
• Auto Titrator
• UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
• BET Surface area analyser
• Oil and Grease Analyzer
|Project assignment during Master degree||• Project work Entitled “Determination of Water Quality Index of River Subarnarekha for various uses irrigation, Pisciculture and public Water supply” at National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, 2003.
• Project Work on “Pond Water Quality index of Patna District” at A. N College, Patna, 2005
• Noise Quality Monitoring of Patna at A.N College, Patna.
|Training during B.Sc:||• Completed training programme of “Water Management” in Sep, 99 from THE TATA IRON AND STEEL COMPANY LIMITED (TISCO), Jsr.
• Completed training in ANC Division, NML, Jsr. under the project “A study on the metal contents of three waste water samples” in July 2000.
• Vocational training in UCIL, Jaduguda, Jharkhand from 1-8-2000 to 31-8-2000 over a project, “Probable Hazards & their control in Uranium Ore Processing”.
• Completed project work in TATA STEEL from 4-9-2000 to 3-10-2000 over a assigned topics “Study of Air Pollution & its Control Measures at Coke Plant”, Study of Biological Oxidation Treatment Plant”, and Study of Environmental Impact Assessment”.