(under FAST scheme of MHRD, Government of India, New Delhi)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has selected Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ), Ranchi to set-up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Green & Efficient Energy Technology (GEET) on the basis of the proposal and presentation evaluated by a team of national and international experts. CUJ is the youngest in the list of 19 prestigious institutions including 7 IITs, 3 IISERs, 2 National Laboratories and 7 others (NITs, and Universities) to get the CoE. All new centres will be devoted to Training and Research in Frontier areas of Science and Technology (FAST). TheCentres have the mandate
- To focus on new and emerging technologies, multidisciplinary and translational research relevant to national development goals.
- To trigger an R&D culture in the institution as evidenced by significant increase in applications of research outputs, collaborative and sponsored research, publications in reputed national/international journals and conferences, patents, innovations, commercialized products and Masters and PhD enrolments.
- To bring together high quality researchers of the universities who are active in the complementary areas overlapping energy, water, clean environment and smart materials to develop and aid technologies which are in tune with sustainable development goals of the nation.
- Development of photoactive nanomaterials for solar energy conversion and environmental remediation technology
- Development of new Generation Photovoltaics
- Development of efficient technology for waste to energy
- Development of sensors for Energy and Environment Applications
Prof. S. K. Samdarshi, Coordinator, Centre for Energy Engineering
Prof. S. K. Samdarshi, Professor, Centre for Energy Engineering
Dr. Basudev Pradhan, Assistant Professor, Centre for Energy Engineering
Dr. Biblab Kumar Kuila, Asssitant Professor, Centre for Applied Chemistry
Dr. Arnab Sankar Bhattacharyya, Assistant Professor, Centre for Nanotechnology
Dr. Sachin Kumar, Assistant Professor, Centre for Energy Engineering
Dr. Arun Kumar Padhy, Associate Professor, Centre for Applied Chemistry
Dr. Avhijit Ghosh, Assistant Professor, Centre for Applied Physics