Dr. Avijit Ghosh
Ph.D in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
M.Sc. in Physics
Center for Appied Physics
Cell: +91-7250183955 (Cell)
|Fields of Research Area
- Semiconductor Nanostructures, Multiferroics, Thin films
- Characterization Techniques
- X-ray diffraction (Rietveld Technique)
- Electron Microscopy
- Photoluminescence spectroscopy
- Optical Absorption spectroscopy
- Raman spectroscopy
- Dielectric and Impedance Spectroscopy
- Strongly Correlated Electronic System
Assistant Professor, Centre for Applied Physics, Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi, Jharkhand (28.06.11 to till date).
- Lecturer, Department of Physics, IIIT-Basar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Andhra Pradesh (30.09.10- 25.06.11).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pure & Applied Physics, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalayay, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh (19.07.10–21.09.10).
|Fellowship and Awards
- Awarded CSIR-UGC Senior Research Fellowship, 2008-2010 (June).
- Awarded Institute Research Fellowship, (IIT Kharagpur), 2005-2007.
- Qualified GATE examination held on February 8, 2004 (Percentile Score: 93.33, All India Rank: 185) and February 13, 2005 (Percentile Score: 98.09, All India Rank: 69).
- Qualified NET examination held on June 19 and (CSIR-JRF) December 18, 2005.
- Qualified SLET (UGC) examination, West Bengal held on February 27, 2005.
- Awarded the University Gold Medal for being 1st position in Master of Science from Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West Bengal, India in the year 2001-2002.
- Awarded the Janardan Ghorai memorial endowment medal for being 1st position in Master of Science from Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West Bengal, India in the year 2001-2002.
| List of Publications
||Published Papers: (Article in Journals/Proceedings)
- A. Ghosh, N. Karak and T K Kundu, (2013), Effect of Co Doping on Optical Behaviors in ZnO Nanorods, AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol.1536, pp.177-178.
- P. Kundu, A. Ghosh, S. Das, and T. K. Bhattacharyya, (2012), Compatibility study of thin passivation layers with hydrazine for silicon based MEMS microthruster, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol.45 No.9, pp.095302 (1-9).
- N. Kumar, A. Ghosh, and R. N. P. Choudhary, (2011), Electrical behavior of Pb(Zr0.52Ti0.48)0.5(Fe0.5Nb0.5)0.5O3 ceramics, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Vol.130, No.1-2, pp. 392-397.
- A. Ghosh, and R. N. P. Choudhary, (2010), Growth and microstructure for visible emission and surface optical phonon of Zn-ZnO nanostructure, Philosophical Magazine, Vol.90, No.6, pp.731-751.
- A. Ghosh, and R. N. P. Choudhary, (2010), Optical emission and absorption for Zn-ZnO core-shell nanostructures, Journal of Experimental Nanoscience Vol.5, No.2, pp. 134-142.
- P. K. Samanta, S. K. Patra, A. Ghosh, and P. Roy Chaudhuri, (2009), Visible emission from ZnO nanorods synthesized by a simple wet chemical method, International Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol.1, No. 1-2, pp. 81-90.
- A. Ghosh, and R. N. P. Choudhary, (2009), Microstructural aspects for defect emission and E2high phonon mode of ZnO thin films, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.105, No.12, pp.124906 (1-6).
- A. Ghosh, and R. N. P. Choudhary, (2009), Phonon assisted photoluminescence and surface optical mode of Zn embedded ZnO nanostructure, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol.42, No.7, pp.075416 (1-6).
- A. Ghosh, and R. N. P. Choudhary, (2009), Structural evolution and visible photoluminescence of Zn-ZnO nanophosphor, Physica Status Solidi A, Vol.206, No.3, pp.535-539.
- S. Pal, A. Ghosh, T. B. Ghosh, S. De, and S. Dasgupta, (2006), Optical quantification of fouling during nanofiltration of dyes, Separation and Purification Technology,Vol.52, No.2, pp.372-379.
|Paper presented in Conferences:
- Graphene Based Electron Field Emitter : Challenges and Prospects
National Seminar on Recent Advancement in Physics, Vivekananda Satavarshiki Mahavidyalaya, Manikpara, Paschim Medinipur, West Bengal, India 20th –21st March,15.
- Modified Structural and Electrical Properties of PbTiO3-BiFeO3 Multiferroics
Avijit Ghosh, Nawnit Kumar and R.N.P Choudhary
National Seminar on Recent Developments in Composite & Nano Materials, Hi-Tech College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar, India, 7-8th February’15.
- Optical Non-linearity in 0.5PbTiO3-0.5BiFeO3 Solid Solution
Avijit Ghosh, Nawnit Kumar, Satya Pratap Singh, and P K Datta
India-Singapur Joint Symposium, Department of Physics & Meteorology, IIT Kharagpur, India, 25th -27th Feberuary’13.
- Effect of Co Doping on Optical Behaviors in ZnO Nanorods
Avijit Ghosh, Nantu Karak and T K Kundu
International Conference on Recent Trends in Applied Physics & Material Science, Government College of Engineering & Technology, Bikaner, Rajasthan, India, 1st -2nd February’13.
- Nonlinear Optical Response in La Modified BiFeO3 Nanoceramics
Avijit Ghosh, Nawnit Kumar, Satya Pratap Singh, and P K Datta
1st International Workshop on Nanomaterials (IWoN): Engineering Photon and Phonon Transport, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 14th – 15th December’12.
- on Origin of Second Harmonic Generation in Si/SiO2/Si3N4 Stack Layer
Avijit Ghosh, Pijus Kundu, Soumen Das, and T K Bhattacharyya
National Conference on Sustainable Development through Innovative Research in Science and Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 28th – 29th September’12.
- Nanotechnology: An Overview
National Seminar on Concept of Nanotechnology and Nanobiotechnology in College Level, Narajole Raj College, Paschim Medinipur, West Bengal, India, 20th January’12.
- Optical Characterization of Zn Embedded ZnO and Zn-ZnO Core-shell Nanostructure
India-Australia International Workshop on Nanotechnology in Materials and Energy Application, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 29th – 31st December’11.
- Microstructure and Photoabsorption of TiO2 Nanocrystal
International Conference on Nanomaterials & Nanotechnology, University of Delhi, Delhi, India, 18th -21st December’11.
- Microstructure Mediated Surface Optical Phonon Mode from Zn-ZnO Nanostructure
International Conference on Theoretical and Applied Physics, Department of Physics & Meteorology, IIT Kharagpur, India, 1st-2nd December’11.
- Studies on the Morphology and Structure of Zn Nanoparticles by Vacuum Arc Technique
Avijit Ghosh and R. N. P. Choudhary
National Seminar on Recent Advances in Materials’ Science
ISM University, Dhanbad, India, 15th -17th February’08.
Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing
Applied Physics Letters
Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids
Journal of Applied Physics
Journal of Chemical Physics
|Membership in Professional Society
Indian Association of Physics Teachers (Life Member)